– Know the purpose of your resume- Most of the people mindset is that they write a resume for as if it was to provide them a job and end writing long and boring pieces of crafted documents. Always remember the fact that the sole purpose of your resume is to make land for a job interview and not the job directly.
– Back up your qualities and strength- Most of the job seekers are of opinions that writing a long list of qualities would be suffice for them to actually lure a recruiter. No, it does not work and makes the whole document tame boring. Instead of penning down your list of strength attributes, try to relate the same with real life experiences so that your resume looks real and not bookish.
– Make sure to use the correct keywords- Nowadays, given the advancement of technology, companies of diverse natures and their HR department uses internet related keywords to hunt down for scanning down the candidates to be called for the interview process. Just imagine if your resume does not have the correct keywords, you can be out of the fray even before the game starts. Thus, make sure of using the correct keywords.
– Use valuable titles – Love it or loathe it, but you just can’t ignore it. Yes, a potential employer may do a judgment upon a look at your resume in say 5 seconds. So make sure to include a resume format with title in it.
Bad Title- Marketing Good Title- Marketing of Tata Photon+ & Record Keeping
– Proof read your resume twice- Just a little spelling mistake in your CV and your chances of getting short listed may also evidently slip. Please read your written resume twice or thrice and make sure there are not any kinds of discrepancies around.
– Use bullet points- To be very frank, recruiters actually don’t have time and patience to have a complete look at your long resume as they have to flip through loads of such each day. Thus, in order to grab his attention in a flash, you can use bullet points to point your achievements and distinctions.
– Put the most important information first- Whatever you have achieved so far in your academics or work experience, you must put the most significant information first.
– Take care of the typography- Make sure you do not make your resume to get printed in huge fonts making the overall look sluggish and dirty. Act accordingly! Copy some good resume formats available online
– Explain the skill benefits you possess- Merely making beautifully crafted statements of the skills you have is not enough. Try to make sure that your skills matches with the requirement of the company and show in tangible process as to how the same can benefit the applied company.
– Market your resume- As you have included everything (Styles, fonts, catchy statements, etc), it should be your activity to market your resume with all the marketing skills so that these attributes can keep you ahead of the candidates in fray for the job.
– Get someone else to review your resume- People usually don’t accept their own mistakes and thus, take the help of your best friends who are natural critics so that they can point nut your mistakes, easily.
– Be careful with free sample resume templates- There are loads of them floating over the internet. While they are helpful in providing in overall idea of how to build up a resume. Just don’t copy and paste some information that catches. You would not want your resume to be like another person’s right?
How to use keywords to get scanned and be called for the job?
As we already stated, now the human resource manager of the various companies looks over the internet to scan for potential candidate and in the same race, the various occurrence of key keywords in the resume of a potential job seeker shall earn him a call for the interview.
Let’s see how the technique works
Suppose a job applicant includes a keyword in his resume like a title ‘looking for a HR job in recruitment stream’
If the HR manager wants the same then he/she will type regarding the same keywords and chances are full for the candidate for his resume to surge up and he may end up getting the interview call for the applied job.
This is the magic of the keywords. One should try to include as many important keywords concerning his job title and profile so that the same may get highlighted.
Just imagine if your resume does not contain the main keywords then despite being a potential candidate, you won’t get that all important interview call.
Thus, build your resume around the same and work around your way to success.