Betting in poker works like this:
§ When it’s your turn to play, if no one has placed a bet, you have two options: check or bet.
1. Check – you don’t put any chips in the pot; you wait to see what the other players will do.
2. Bet – you put chips into the pot. In https://zeanbaccarat.bet/ a limit game the size of the bet is fixed, in a no limit Texas Holdem game the size of the bet can be from a minimum of the big blind to the maximum of your entire stack (all in).
§ If someone has already placed a bet, and now it’s your turn, you have three options: fold, call or raise.
1. Fold – you decide to leave the hand, meaning that you put your cards down and don’t bet on this hand anymore.
2. Call – you put into the pot the same amount as the original bet.
3. Raise – you make the bet bigger than the original bet. The amount raised should be at least double the original bet, and should be placed on the table.
The only exception to this rule is if you go all in, you can raise to your entire stack even if it’s not twice as much as the original bet. In this case players behind you will not be able to reraise, for example: player from sit 1 bets $10, player from sit 2 calls and you go all in with $16. Players 1 and 2 can only call your bet and not reraise it.